Here is a prayer while putting on your spiritual armor: I've used this for years and it has made a tremendous impact in my life. I would pray it and even act it out each morning before I began my day. I encourage you to start putting your spiritual armor on each day!
Thank you God for assuring me of victory today if I will but follow Your battle plan. By faith, I claim my victory over __________________________ (Fill in the blank, personalize).
1. Put On The Belt Of Truth: The truth about what is mine is Christ.....that You have promised that I will not be tempted beyond my breaking point, that I'm a new creature in Christ and have been set free from the power of sin, that I'm Indwelt by the Holy Spirit who will guide and warn me of danger, that nothing can separate me from Your love. The truth is that You have a purpose for me for this day..someone to encourage, someone to share with, someone to love. I will fulfill that purpose today.
2. I Put On The Breastplate of Righteousness: Which will guard my heart and my emotions. I will not allow my heart to attach itself to anything impure. I will not allow my emotions to rule my decisions. I set my heart and my emotions on what is right, good, and just. I will live by what is true, not by what I feel.
3. I Put On The Sandals Of The Gospel Of Peace: I am available for You to send me wherever You desire, Lord God; to guide me to those who need encouragement, physical help, a conflict solved, or a calming presence. I will not leave a trail of tension and apprehension, but tracks of peace and stability.
4. I Take Up The Shield Of Faith: My faith is in You, God...apart from You, I can do nothing, but with You I can do all things. No temptation can penetrate Your protecting hand. I will not be afraid, for You go with me through my day...I can and will claim my victory aloud when I am tempted, for You have promised victory to all that walk in obedience to Your Word. By faith, I claim victory NOW because I know that the enemy will try to tempt and harm me, but I know too that You, Lord God, have already provided a way of escape.
5. I Put On My Helmet Of Salvation: Which will protect my mind from evil thoughts, doubt and fear. I choose to stop every impure, negative thought at the door of my mind...with the helmet of salvation those thoughts cannot go any further. I take every thought captive. I dwell on only what is good, right, and pleasing to You God.
6. I Take Up The Sword Of The Spirit: Which is Your Word and is strong, powerful, and able to defeat even the strongest attacks. Your Word says that I am not under obligation to the flesh to follow its lusts, but I am free from the power of sin. So by faith, I take up the Sword of the Spirit which is able to defend me in time of attack, comofrt me in time of sorrow, teach me in time of meditation and prevail against the power of the enemy on behalf of myself and others who need the truth to set them free.
I rejoice that You have chosen to use me this day to present the gospel of life in Jesus Christ to the world around me. May others see Jesus in me, and may the enemy and his hosts shudder as YOUR power is made manifest in and through me. In Jesus' Name. AMEN!